You are invited to the GRAPPA 2024 Annual Meeting as part of our Trainee Symposium and Poster Tours, Thursday, July 11 through Saturday, July 13 in Seattle, Washington.
Much of the following information has been shared with you by email. However, we will be adding information to this page as the Conference date approaches so please check back for updates.
You are aware that five applicants have been selected to give an oral presentation of their submitted abstracts and twenty-one applicants have been selected to present their abstracts as a poster presentation during two poster tours.
Those who will be giving an oral presentation are also welcome to share a poster. However, it is not required and you will not be part of the poster tours on Thursday, July 13, and Saturday July 15.
If you have accepted this invitation and plan to attend the conference, please register for the Annual Meeting and Trainee Symposium.
You will have 5 minutes to present a PowerPoint version of your abstract during the oral presentations on Friday morning, July 14. You must send your presentation to [email protected] by July 6.
You will be aware, but it bears repeating; large type and fewer slides are far better than complex charts and dozens of slides. Please do not have more than 2 slides per minute (unless one is very simple, such as a title slide).
You will recieve a step-by-step instructional email from Performedia on June 23, therein you will be instructed to upload your slide presentation in advance by June 30 and to also bring a copy to Dublin on a flash drive, as back-up. This is a hybrid event. The media management is very strict; GRAPPA will send you a slide template to use or you can download one here.
The official language of the meeting is English, and presenters are asked to speak in English and create slides in English. There will be a two-minute Q & A after each presentation. Please build in time for Q & A. A 10-minute Q & A will be held between groups of two or three.
You are asked to do both ONLINE AND IN-PERSON POSTERS
- Please upload a digital version of your poster to our hybrid meeting platform online. We invite you to record a virtual presentation to discuss your abstract for those participating in the meeting virtually. You may start uploading your posters and recordings starting June 23, the deadline to upload your poster is June 30, 2023. You may modify and re-record virtual presentations all the way up to the date of the Annual Meeting. More details and instructions will follow.
- IN PERSON
- Please bring your poster to us at the registration table from 14:00 – 16:30 on Thursday, July 13. There will be open poster viewing on the evening of Thursday, July 13, 17:00 – 18:30, during the lunch hour 11:50 – 12:50 on Friday July 14th, and a organized poster tour during and after lunch on Saturday, July 15. Please stand by your poster during all of these times.
- You may also bring a one or 2-page hand-out describing your work. The poster should be size A0 which is 1189 mm x 841 mm (A0 landscape orientation preferred). It can be a little smaller but remember that it should catch the eye from a distance and be easily readable. The poster can be either portrait or landscape in orientation.
- Hook velcro will be supplied to attach your posters to the boards.
TRAVEL & HOTEL
GRAPPA provides selected trainees with flight through the GRAPPA travel agent: Elsha Yorgason [email protected]. to begin the process of securing your flight IMMEDIATELY here. GRAPPA pays the travel agent directly so there is no out-of-pocket expense for you.
Where our travel agent has not been able to arrange a flight which is convenient for you, you may make your own arrangements. GRAPPA will reimburse you for an economy class flight. Please also be aware of the following.
Air travel reimbursement limits are as follows:
- $1500 for Europe
- $1800 for Middle East
- $600 for Western North American
- $1000 for Northeastern North America
- $800 for Central North America
- $1300 for South North America
- $1000 for Central America
- $2000 for South American
- $1800 for Asia
- $2000 for Australia
- $1000 for North Africa
- $2000 for South Africa
We cannot reimburse you for the following:
- Flight change fees
- Checked luggage
- Travel insurance
- Other incidentals during your flight
Any amount above these limits will be your responsibility.
To reserve your room at our hotel, the Sheraton Grand Seattle, please do so IMMEDIATELY.
Full attendance at the GRAPPA Annual Meeting 2023 is required to receive complimentary hotel accommodation.
Please review CAREFULLY all the information about travel and attendance requirements here.
A little more information about the hotel -
- Rooms at the conference hotel are standard rooms.
- GRAPPA will not cover any incidentals.
- Your reservation (two nights, with additional nights permissible if reasonable air travel is not viable) will be charged directly to the GRAPPA account. The hotel will ask for a credit card. The nights you reserve for your stay will be NOT be charged to your card. Any additional nights you reserve will be charged to the card on file.
- You may book additional nights at the GRAPPA group rate, however, only the approved nights will be charged to the GRAPPA account.
- Please do not reserve additional nights if flights back home Saturday evening is possible. We appreciate this consideration.
- Rooms must be reserved before June 13, 2023. (First come, first served.)
- You will have a choice of a Twin Room, King Room, or a Double Single Room. Please note that all Clayton Hotel bedrooms are of the same standard, so an upgrade is not available.
GRAPPA will pay for your transportation to and from the airport. Please save receipts for reimbursement.
There will be a GRAPPA Open Reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres on Thursday night. The hotel provides daily breakfast, and GRAPPA will provide lunch, and breaks on Friday and Saturday. On Friday evening, there will be a dinner for GRAPPA members and a guest. (RSVP is required during your registration process.)
Please note that the evening meal on Saturday 15 July is not provided.
REIMBURSEMENT LINK AND INSTRUCTIONS
Please save all receipts. Reimbursement may be submitted immediately after the meeting and will be paid within 30 days.
Please have all your receipts saved as jpg or PDF
Please have your banking information for either a check (US Domestic) or wire transfer (International)
We ask that you only submit one request for reimbursement, so please have all your details ready.
THE ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
It is expected that you will attend all of the 2023 Annual Meeting. There will be trainee sign-in protocols for each session. If you cannot commit to attend the entire Annual Meeting, you may decline this invitation. You can find a copy of the very draft Annual Meeting Agenda here.
The detailed agenda for the conference will be published shortly. Please be aware of the following confirmed items:
- Thursday, July 13 - Set up of posters 14:00-16:30 hrs. Poster open exhibit 17:00-18:30.
- Friday, July 14 -08:45 – 09:55 Trainee Symposium. (70 minutes) This includes the oral presentation of abstracts.
- Friday, July 14 -11:50 – 12:50 Please stand next to your posters during this casual poster tour.
- Friday, July 14 - Participate in Breakout Sessions.
- Friday, July 14 - 17:00-17:30 A photographer will take your picture next to your poster
- Friday, July 14 - Attend awards dinner to receive certificate.
- Saturday, July 15 - Lunch time poster tour. Prepare a 3-5 minute presentation and be ready for 3-5 minutes of questions.
You may be invited to be a scribe for the Breakout Session on Friday, July 14. You will take notes and write the comments of the group for presentation in the meeting on Saturday July 15.
You will receive a certificate of presentation at the Awards Dinner in the evening on Friday, July 14th.
Your attendance is required.
May 17 Confirm acceptance of invitation - Everyone has been in contact - thank you!
May 31 Book travel and reserve hotel
June 23 You will receive an email from Performedia with instructions on how to upload your poster to website.
June 30 Deadline to upload your poster to the meeting website.
July 13 16:00 Poster must be mounted in the Exhibit Hall
17:00 Open Poster Exhibit (Please stand by your poster.)
July 14 Oral presenters
Lunchtime Open Poster Exhibit (Please stand by your poster.)
Awards Dinner *Mandatory*
July 15 Lunchtime Poster Tour *Mandatory* Stand next to posters. Prepare a 3-minute speech and be prepared to answer 3 minutes of questions.
You will find a wealth of useful transportation and travel information including personal Dublin-local recommendations for GRAPPA Members here.
Please do let us know if you have any questions or if there is information which you think should be shared here.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions or concerns.