Call for Trainee Symposium Abstracts
GRAPPA members, please encourage your most promising Fellows and Trainees to submit an abstract for consideration for the Trainee Symposium as part of the GRAPPA 2017 Annual Meeting in Amsterdam, Netherlands. (Opening Reception on July 13 and all day July 14 and 15).
To be considered:
• Trainees/Fellows must submit a 350 – 400 word abstract describing their work.
• Agree to create a poster and/or PowerPoint presentation.*
• Be willing to travel to Amsterdam for the GRAPPA Annual Meeting and stay for the entire meeting.
• Be an M.D. or equivalent and not yet have a permanent faculty position.
*Up to six trainees will be invited to give an 8 to 10-minute oral presentation; others will have an opportunity to describe their posters during "poster breaks" at the meeting.
Abstracts are accepted in one of two categories:
• An abstract describing the results of, or progress on, a primary research project in PsA or psoriasis. Research should be of interest to both dermatologists and rheumatologists.
• An abstract which summarizes a literature review of an issue of interest to both dermatologists and rheumatologists, and a proposal for a research project related to this issue which either could be carried out in the trainee’s center, or in a broader setting such as a clinical registry or amongst GRAPPA centers. Literature review must be thorough and methodology should be described in detail.
GRAPPA’s goal is to provide some financial support for participants who need it to attend, particularly those trainees chosen to give oral presentations. Trainee Oral presentations will be between 8:00 am to 10:00 am July 14.
Information on travel bursaries and details of how to submit the abstract (one per Trainee, please!) will be emailed to all GRAPPA members the week of February 13. DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS SUNDAY, MARCH 26, 2017.
GRAPPA (Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis) is organized exclusively for non-profit, educational, and scientific purposes, specifically to facilitate sharing of information related to psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, networking among different medical disciplines that see psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis patients, and to enhance research, diagnosis and treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
Here are some highlights from the 2016 GRAPPA Annual Meeting and Trainees Symposium in Miami, Florida.
Congratulations to the Annual Meeting Planning Committee and the Miami Biscayne Bay Marriott for a successful event!